Thursday, August 16, 2007

I Did What? Hell No. Are You Serious? No Way. Really? Aww Fuck

I woke up this morning on the couch in my living room.

No big deal, except I have no clue how I got there. I don't remember leaving Water St. I don't remember getting in a cab. I don't remember anything after midnight.

Here are some highlights of what I do remember:

- First drinks I ordered at Scooters, the bar featuring dollar shots: 10 shots of Jack and 4 whiskey and cokes. Cost: $25. Hell. Yeah. I love drinking top shelf booze for next to nothing.

- Second drinks: I pointed to my drink and then put my other finger on the bar about two feet away. I instructed the (very friendly) bartender to line up shots of Jack from my drink to my finger. Apparently that was 21 shots. Cost: $21. At this point I was beginning to think that I might be doing severe bodily harm by imbibing an unholy amount of booze. Whatever.

- Friend Tom's lovely girlfriend is a bartender. I had always thought that bartenders were endowed with the gift of drink. Apparently I was wrong. Why? Because Friend Tom's lovely girlfriend tossed it. In the bar. Not "she discretely went to the bathroom and heaved." It was more like "she leaned over and yakked while ponied up to the bar." All over Friend Tom, no less. High comedy.

- I have a huge gash in the lower part of my right hand. Obviously, I took a spill last night. I have no recollection of falling.

- My chest is bruised. I'm beginning to think I got punched last night. I wouldn't know, though. As far as I know I could have cured cancer last night.

Tonight will be more of the same. Hopefully I don't wake up wondering how I got where I am.

The best part about all of this: No. Hangover.

Hell yeah.

1 comment:

"K" Fingerett said...

Ugh... this is really annoying... I left you a nice little comment here on thursday night and its not even here...

I poked fun at the fact that you didn't know how you ended up at home-- and gave a scenario or two about an old crusty guy and your wonderful night with him (that is when I asked if anything other than your hand and chest hurt...)

I commented on you "friend tom's lovely girlfriend" and her actions (I said something 'smart' here but I cant really remember right now...)

Then I told you how glad I was that you were alive and well enough (congrats on not having a hangover) to share all about your night (or what you can remember).

At the end of all this I told you to have a good time "tonight" (thursday night) and to be safe and to make sure that you came back well enough to share about the nights happenings ^_^

Well, I hope THIS post sticks! If not I'll have to start saving my posts to microsoft word on my computer...

Since it is now Saturday night/Sunday morning and you haven't posted, I see that you went out and had a VERY good time... well, thats what I'll tell myself for now (till you get back)... it will help me sleep better until I hear from you again.


~K