Friday, August 04, 2006

Entertaining? Eh. Insightful? No. Beyond Fucked Up? Certainly

I wrote the following poem during work today. Ummmmm, I can't even describe or explain it - and I wrote the fucking thing. I just don't know. Whatever.

How does one define or quantify the values he holds?
Impossible . . . or at the very least difficult.
Kill all the infidels!!
Introspection is a gift one gives to himself.
Self understanding is what he receives in return.
I don't bone fat chicks.
Day after day, I struggle to learn what it is that gives me value and defines me.
Day after day I learn that the more I know the more I want to know.
So I'm balls deep in this nine-year-old and my clown nose falls off . . .
The search for self-knowledge is endless
The knowledge of oneself is priceless
The best way to get rid of the dead-hooker smell is Lysol
Undoubtedly, there is more to know than any person could learn in ten lifetimes
Though seemingly daunting, this can also be a driving force in the quest for self-knowledge
Having sex with your boss's wife is the best way to earn a promotion
Look inside, see yourself, know what it is that makes you work
And you will see far beyond what meets the ordinary eye
The University of Wisconsin promotes the rape of defenseless animals

I don't even know what to say about this. It's different, so, whatever. God help my twisted mind.

1 comment:

"K" Fingerett said...

Hmm... I'm not to sure what to say about this one either.

All I can say is there is no doubt in my mind that YOU are the one who came up with this.

And about your "twisted mind" -- all you need is a hug. That's it.

Plus, I love what you have here so don't change your ways :)


~K